Monday 19 November 2012

There's no disappointment in Heaven

I was talking with an older brother in our assembly at the weekend who isn't enjoying the best of health but was able to make it to the meeting on the Lord's Day. He recited most of an old hymn to me which I have looked up online and thought I would post here for our mutual encouragement. It is written by Frederick M Lehman in the early 1900's.

"There's No Disappointment in Heaven"
There's no disappointment in Heaven,

No weariness, sorrow or pain;

No hearts that are bleeding and broken,

No song with a minor refrain.

The clouds of our earthly horizon

Will never appear in the sky,

For all will be sunshine and gladness,

With never a sob or a sigh.

Refrain:

I'm bound for that beautiful city,

My Lord has prepared for His own;

Where all the redeemed of all ages

Sing "Glory!" around the white throne;

Sometimes I grow homesick for Heaven,

And the glories I there shall behold;

What a joy that will be

When my Saviour I see,

In that beautiful city of gold.

 
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Kings 19: Elijah and God

I was listening to a podcast the other day which was speaking about 1 Kings 19 and it reminded me of how very relevant this passage is to ou...