Sunday 30 April 2017

Great is thy faithfulness!

Recently I went to visit my 90 year old grandma in her old folks home, and I wanted to share some verses with her to encourage her. I thought about it and settled on the following verses which are no doubt well known to many, and have inspired hymn writers - Lamentations 3:22-26

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion says my soul, therefore will I hope in him.
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

I think these verses are poignant and profound! How good it would be to every day appreciate and think about the many blessings I have that evidence the great faithfulness of the Lord.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Kings 19: Elijah and God

I was listening to a podcast the other day which was speaking about 1 Kings 19 and it reminded me of how very relevant this passage is to ou...